- The general rules are similar to a Deathmatch with the following differences.
- A target score can be specified, which is the total number of seconds a player must spend carrying the deathball to win.
- When a player picks up the deathball their score will be increased by 1 per second for as long as they carry it. The score will be displayed over the players head and updated in the game gump.
- The first player to reach the target score wins the match.
- If a player is killed, they drop the ball at the location of their death, and are automatically resurrected and returned to the game after the respawn delay (6 sec default),
- Non-participants cannot pick up the Deathball.
- Scores do not increase while a player is hidden or out of bounds.
- If a player is disqualified the ball is returned to the gauntlet location and the player is dropped from the match.