Criminals (or grays) are characters who have recently broken the law. They may be freely attacked in guard zones, and their corpses looted by all.
Becoming a Criminal
- Stealing from a NPC or player (assuming you're caught!).
- Healing or otherwise buffing a gray or red character.
- Attacking and/or killing another blue character.
- Looting a corpse you do not have the rights to.
- Casting the Polymorph spell.
After a few of minutes without performing illegal actions you will return to the status of an Innocent.
As a criminal, you are penalised in similar ways as a Murderer.
- Cannot call the guards to your defense.
- Cannot recall, gate, or sacred journey.
- Cannot give Murder Counts to those who attack you.
- Anyone may legally loot your corpse.
- There is no Karma or status penalty for harming/killing/robbing a criminal.
Many of these penalties are redundant unless your character is in Felucca, as you may only rob/harm other characters there.