Ninjitsu Skill is the main skill of the Assassin, and combines the arts of stealth, espionage and assassination. With it, and the Assassins Handbook (purchased from Tokuno Islands scribe NPCs or looted from NPC Assassin), a Assassin can evoke a number of special abilities including transforming into a variety of creatures that give unique bonuses, using stealth to attack unsuspecting opponents or just plain disappear into thin air!
This skill also counts towards your ability to perform Special Moves.
- 0 - 30: Train at NPC Assassin at Zento. If character is a murderer, you will have to cast Animal Form and turn into a Rat or Rabbit.
A good suit of properties will make training quicker. Wear 40% Lower Mana Cost and as much Mana Regeneration as you can. Casting Animal Form appears to have no effect on active Meditation; you can double your natural mana regeneration rate during Assassin training sessions if you first activate the meditation skill, remain in the same location, and then cast Animal Form.
- 30 - 40: Cast Animal Form Rat or Rabbit
- 40 - 50: Cast Animal Form Cat or Dog
- 50 - 60: Summon Mirror Images. Attack your mirror images so they will disappear.
- 60 - 70: Use Focus Attack
- 70 - 85: Use Shadow Jump
- 85 - 120: Use Death Strike
Gains may be slow or cease entirely from 57.5 - 60 using Summon Mirror Image. You may wish to start using Focus Attack on your mirror summons. There are 2 different ways to train with Focus Attack and Death Strike. Either attack a pet that is guarding you on the Trammel facet (you must not be in a guild) or summon a Mirror Image to attack on the Felucca facet. Alternatively, Shadow Jump seems to work effectively from 55-70; however, it will not work inside of a player house.
|Animal Form||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||The Assassin can use this spell to take the shape of a beast, granting himself animal-like ability. Animal form gives the Assassin the ability to transform into an animal, gaining special bonuses unique to each type of creature. There are 12 animal forms available to a skilled Assassin. The Assassin cannot use special attacks or cast spells while in animal form, EXCEPT for Mirror Image.|
|Mirror Image||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Creates a Mirror Image of their self, which can absorb a single attack from an enemy before disappearing. Assassins can create up to 4 Mirror Images at a time, making it quite difficult to determine which Assassin is real.|
|Focus Attack||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Besides giving a small damage bonus, Focus Attack also increases the effectiveness of any magical properties on the weapon the Assassin uses for the attack.|
|Backstab||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Backstab requires the Assassin to be in Stealth mode in order to initiate this special attack. Backstab applies a damage bonus to the attack, matching the Assassin skill.|
|Shadow Jump||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||While in Stealth mode, the Assassin can jumps a considerable distance away while hidden. Upon landing, the Assassin’s Stealth ability determines if they remain hidden from view.|
|Surprise Attack||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||Surpise Attack is an attack that can only be initiated by a Assassin in Stealth mode. It inflicts a defense penalty on the Assassin’s opponent for a short duration.|
|Ki Attack||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||The Ki Attack requires superb timing and quick movement of a well trained Assassin. In order to execute this attack, the Assassin will have to initiate the Ki Attack and then quickly close the distance between himself and his opponent to deliver an effective blow. The farther the Assassin travels to deliver the blow, the higher the damage bonus of his Ki Attack.|
|Death Strike||Mana Cost||Minimum Skill||5 seconds after receiving a Death Strike, the Assassin's opponent will suffer damage determined by the number of steps he has taken since the attack, and the average of the Assassin's Hiding and Stealth skills. Ranged weapons only do half the normal Death Strike damage. The damage dealt is far greater if the Assassin’s opponent chooses to run away rather than stand and fight.|
Animal / Minimum Skill / Description:
- Rabbit / 0 / Grants a 20 point bonus to the stealth skill.
- Rat / 0 / Grants a 20 point bonus to the stealth skill.
- Cat / 40 / Increases regeneration rate. The increase is based on your Assassin skill.
- Dog / 40 / Increases regeneration rate. The increase is based on your Assassin skill.
- Giant Serpent / 50 / Inflicts low level poison whenever you strike your opponent with a non-ranged weapon.
- Bullfrog / 50 / Inflicts poison when your enemy damages you at short range.
- Ostard / 70 / Increases movement speed.
- Llama / 70 / Increases movement speed.
- Wolf / 85 / Increases movement speed, grants a bonus to both hit chance and maximum hit points.
- Bake-Kitsune / 85 / Increases movement speed, grants a bonus to both hit chance and maximum hit points.
- Unicorn / 99 / Increases movement speed and grants immunity to low level poisons.
- Ki-Rin / 99 / Increases movement speed and regenerates stamina quickly.
More animal forms are available with the Talisman of the Fey. This Talisman is handed out on very special occasions by the staff. Their abilities are:
Animal / Minimum Skill / Description:
- Squirrel / 20 / Transforms you into a Squirrel with no special abilities.
- Ferret / 40 / Transforms you into a Ferret and gives +10 to Stealing skill.
- Cu Sidhe / 60 / Transforms you into a Cu Sidhe which auto-self heals using Bandages.
- Reptalon / 90 / Transforms you into a Reptalon giving your fire breath attacks.